15km 30km long-distance wireless video transmitter receiver transmission transceiver
15km 30km 80km 150km long-distance wireless video transmitter receiver transmission transceiver
* * *
Table of Contents
Sell Points / Features / Advantage
Receiver screen can show the signal strength of the transmitter, users can move better reception place.
Video + Data + Control
Except for video, it also supports two-way transfer of data and control commands via the UART between the transmitter and the receiver.
Two Antenna on the TX RX Transceiver
ANT1 for transceiver mode, ANT2 for receiving mode
- Based on OFDM technology, a Web camera (HD camera with ethernet) is recommended.
- Two-way broadband wireless link equipment (Receiver can get the audio-video download, it also can upload the data to the receiver)
- Interface: 2X Ethernet ports, 3X RS232 serial ports, audio input-output (More control operation) If your camera is HDMI output, then it needs an extra encoder device, which can encode the HDMI video and audio signal to digital data to this transmitter. At the receiver, it can connect your computer or NVR directly, if you need the output to an HDMI monitor, then it also needs an extra decoder device to encode the digital data to HDMI video and audio signal.
- Default Data Interface is RS232, We also can modify it to TTL, Sbus, or RS485, please contact us if you need to know how to connect it to your flight controller, for example, Pixhawk 4.
- Dual antennas: SMA connectorANT1 main antenna works in transceiver mode, ANT2 auxiliary antenna works in receive mode.
- Wireless working frequency band: 1427.9~1447.9MHz (1.4G) or 806~826MHz (800Mhz), or optional 2401.5~2481.5MHz (2.4G) support automatic frequency hopping in the frequency band (default working frequency is 1.4G)
- Wireless bandwidth: 3MHz, 5MHz, 10MHz, 20MHz, all nodes share the working bandwidth, and the maximum sharing rate of the system is 30Mbps.
- Modulation mode: QPSK/QAM16/QAM64 automatic adaptation.
- Networking mode: point-to-point, point-to-multipoint star network. (For example, 6 cameras and a transmitter to one receiver.)
- Wireless transmitting power: 10W.
- The node receiving sensitivity: -103 at 10MHz bandwidth.
- Support AES128 encryption and decryption.
- Transmission distance: 15km/30km/80km/150km optional.
- The device configuration and wireless working status can be viewed through the Web UI of the network port or the serial port.
- 2W PA: DC12~16V, 33dBm, the average power consumption of the video transmitter is less than 12W, and the average power consumption of the video receiver is less than 10W. (Yellow power connector is XT30PW / XT60PW) (Without Any external PA, the module has 300mW, 25dBm)
5W PA: DC24~25V, 37dBm, the average power consumption of the video transmitter is less than 22W, and the average power consumption of the video receiver is less than 16W.
10W PA: DC24~30V, 40-41dBm, 28V power supply is recommended, the maximum average power consumption is less than 1.4A@28V, and the instantaneous peak power supply requirement can reach 2.8A@28V.
- Size: 124*67.8*28.5mm (excluding the connector extending out of the shell, etc.).
- Weight: 0.3W 133 grams, 2W 142 grams, 5W 142grams, 10W 242.5 grams
|Ethernet 1||4PIN ZH1.5mm connector, bridged with Ethernet2|
|Ethernet 2||RJ45 connector, bridged with Ethernet1|
|RS232*3||9PIN ZH1.5mm connector, 3 channel RS232 uart|
|Audio in/out||4PIN ZH1.5mm connector, audio in and audio out port|
|Power in||XT30PW-M connector|
|ANT1||Tx/Rx Antenna port, SMA female|
|ANT2||Rx Antenna port, SMA female|
|Power LED||The red light on normal powered|
|Node LED||Blue light for Node type indicator|
|Link LED||Greenlight, wireless link working status indicator|
The power supply of this transmitter and battery both are 3A@28V. At the normal time, the battery we used for tested is 7AH, it can work for 2~4 hours. If you buy15AH chargeable battery, it can work continuously for about 4~8 hours.
Not only switch the frequency at the web UI parameter easily, after changing the frequency, it also needs to change the Power Amplifier inside and the same frequency transmitter and receiver antenna. So buyer should confirm which frequency you need before delivery. The antenna is customized according to this frequency.
Regarding the RF cable, our engineer doesn't recommend that you used it so long. There will be a reduced 0.5dB for one meter RF cable. For 3 meters RF cable, the signal strength will be reduced by 1.5dB.
In order to support long-distance, It is better that you use the RF cable less than 1 meter?
In fact, the transmitter is very smaller, it is better to keep a short distance from the transmitter to the transmitter antenna. The power supply cable for the transmitter and ethernet cable from the camera to the transmitter can be longer as there are no losses like RF cable.
Yes, the default video input is IP RJ45 ethernet port, if your camera is HDMI or SDI or AHD, just plus one small encoder box to solve this problem. Please check the below model.
- If your area has a DVB-T or DVB-T2 digital television signal, the TV frequency range is 170-860Mhz, it has including 800Mhz, so choose 1.4G is better.
- Because the GPS antenna receives the GPS signal and the GPS direction on the drone is up, our transmitter antenna is pointing down to send the signal to the ground. As a result, the 1.4G frequency effect on GPS is negligible.
The package size is 125 x 23 x 11cm. Gross Weight：3.72KG， Volume Weight：7.5KG
Here is the full set picture.
Regarding frequency hopping, the engineer has some suggestions for you.
- As the system frequency range is 20Mb, if your bandwidth is chosen 20Mb, then it can not hop (only one point). If the bandwidth is chosen 10Mb, then you have two points to hop, if the bandwidth is chosen 5Mb, then you have 4 points to hop.
- If 1410Mhz has jammed, then 1420Mhz also has jammed, as the frequency is too close.
- When hopping frequency, the data or video transmission will be disconnected, and your video will be frozen.
- At the normal time, it is better to choose hopping is NOT.
- If your transmission distance is less than 15~22km, then we have another option to choose from, the frequency has 110Mb, and even if you choose 20Mb bandwidth, it has 5 points to choose from for frequency hopping.
If you need to support S.bus, then please tell us before shippment, and we will modify our RS232 to TTL.
Our TX900 has three RS232 ports. If you need it to support S.bus, just need plus one small converter from S.BUS to RS232 is ok. ( Mini SBUS Conversion Module Uart to Sbus, Sbus to Uart ).
Please tell us if you need sbus port before delivery. Our engineer will modify the D2 port from RS232 to Sbus.
Please contact us for details technical file support.
Or see the UART AT command list here.
- The serial port of our wireless video transmission is transparent, and no data is actively sent to the flight controller. This is controlled by the ground station.
- It won't send the failsafe command, but you can see the link status light from the signal indicator.
- Here is the link status signal strength indicator means
- Not Bright: Indicates that the wireless link of the module is not connected
- Red: Indicates that the wireless link of the module has been connected, but the wireless signal strength is very weak
- Orange: Indicates that the wireless link of the module has been connected, and the wireless signal strength is medium
- Green: Indicates that the wireless link of the module has been connected, and the wireless signal strength is very strong
- We understand that you hope to have this function, If aircraft loses signal during flight it will not return to home because flight controller will not understand that rc link is lost.
- You need to see the link status LED light, if it is Orange or Red, you should control the plane back in advance.
- You also can get the RSSI at the below windows
Please check the upgrade firmware setps, download the latest upgrade firmware at the below link.
At the normal usage, one node as the transmitter, another node as the receiver. If you need to support long range or over a mountain top, like the below picture, yes, please buy 3rd nord as the reapter.
You just need to put the 3rd node in the middle and set the 3rd node be a 2D3U then ok.
How to set 3rd node be 2D3U?
Set with AT command:
Restart the link device after the operation
On the Web UI parameter mangagment page and debug section,
If you get result is 6602, then it is 15km version.
If you get result is 6603, then it is 30km version.
4K video is supported.
4K video stream generally has more than 8Mbps, and 1080P video generally has more than 2M, so the distance of our wireless video transmission when transmitting 4K video will be shorter than that of 1080P.
In one word, the higher the definition of the video, the shorter the transmission distance.
The video compression is smaller, and the transmission distance is supported farther.
In the process of video transmission, if there is data loss, the picture will appear mosaic or stagnation, freeze and other phenomena.
There will be a limited number of retransmissions at the wireless link level (of course, data errors will also occur if the situation is not good). The upper-layer application on the end will not be aware of it, nor will it ask the sender to retransmit.
If the signal of the wireless link is not good at a certain point after the distance is extended, and there are always bit errors, it is impossible to design it to be retransmitted all the time, so that the end user experience will be very poor.
The wireless link layer has a limited retransmission mechanism. We have tested the tcp protocol for transmission at the video transmission layer (trying to retransmit on the upper layer through the tcp protocol), but the test found that there is no obvious improvement, and it will also lead to uncontrollable delays.
- The heat generated by the aircraft side is much larger than that of the ground side. If the fan is running, check whether the air inlet and outlet of the lower fan (the positions of the heat sinks at both ends) are blocked
- Try changing the power supply of the air unit transmitter from 24V to 12~18V (the transmit power will be reduced to about 35~36DB)
- Slightly reduce the transmit power of the aircraft by the below AT commands: AT^DSSMTP="23" Reboot after setting
Question: Are these settings maximum power of the module? (24 dBm)
Answer: 24dBm is the maximum output power of the link Module, and the gain of the PA (about 14dBm) needs to be added. The actual transmission power after the 24V power supply PA output is about 38dBm.
The unit shall operate in the VHF BAND and UHF band with its RF transmissions.
The unit shall have an RF output power of 27 dBm or more.
The unit shall provide Serial (Bidirectional, Fullduplex) as data interface. (RS232 or RS422)
RS232 bidirectional full duplex
The unit power consumption shall not exceed 25W.
The unit mass shall not exceed 250 grams.
<150 grams (142grams)
The unit shall have a data rate of at least 4.8 Kbps
Lead time: 10 days for small quantity order.
HS code: 8517629900
The difference between the air unit (transmitter) and ground unit (receiver) is two points:
One is the device type: Air unit (transmitter) is the access node and the ground unit (receiver) is the central node.
Two is the rate ratio of the downlink and up link. Over 30km, the best rate ratio is 4:1 or 3:2.
If you don't want to connect the receiver ethernet cable directly to the computer. Then it is not easy to access the receiver at your local network.
Here is two solutions for you.
1. Add the IP address of the 192.168.1.x network segment on the PC side (the PC can be configured with multiple network segment IP addresses)
2. Modify the IP of the wireless video data receiver from 192.168.1.12 to the address of the 10.220.20.x network segment to meet your local network.
For further questions and solutions, please talk with your local area network workmate or engineer, our receiver is like a computer with IP address, it should keep the network segment IP address at the same, for example, 192.168.1.xxx.
Download & Operation Guide
Latest Test video from mountaintop to 27 km away to the seaside to check the long-range effect and operate at the receiver
Optional TX900B for some clients need frequency hopping function.
- TX900B-2W supports the frequency range is 1420~1530MHz, and there is 110Mb bandwidth to use.
- The customer can set the working bandwidth as 1.4M/3M/5M/10M/20MHz (However 1.4M/3MHz may not be suited for video transmitting). Then TX900B-2W can work in FHSS mode (Frequency-hopping spread spectrum) and the central working frequency will be automatically selected by the system and may do frequency hopping (between 1420~1530MHz) during its working.
- Customers can also plan to use the frequency channels in the whole 1420~1530MHz and set the device to work in the fixed frequency channels too.
- TX900B-2W supports the longest distance at 22km.
- Except for the frequency range supported and the longest distance, the physical appearance, interface, UI, operation, and so on, the TX900B-2W is the same as the existing TX900B-15km-2W.
- TX900B-2W only support a frequency range is 1420~1530MHz, it does not support 800MHz and 2.4GHz frequency range.
- There are two versions, TX900B-2W-15km, and TX900B-2W-22km.
- As the TX900B-2W frequency range is 110Mb, so if you config the working bandwidth as 10Mb, then you will get 11 points to hopping.
|1||D3 serial port function configuration|
|2||TX900 transparent transmission and UDP serial port instructions|