Automatic Tracking Antenna System Tracker antenna with Drone Mavlink protocol
Automatic Tracking Antenna System Tracker antenna with Drone Mavlink protocol AAT for drone video transmitter Vcan1703
Table of Contents
Why you need Automatic Tracking Antenna?
The drone is invisible to the naked eye when it is flying for a long distance in the sky. To ensure that the wireless video transmission signal is the strongest at this time, an antenna that can be tracked automatically is required. This antenna can search automatically while rotating. To get the best signal, position the drone and keep the antenna receiving surface always facing the drone.
The automatic tracking antenna with gimbal is designed for UAV directional panel antenna system. Directional panel antennas have higher gain than omnidirectional antennas, but high-gain directional panel antennas are often accompanied by narrow effective angles. Because the real-time position of the drone is constantly changing, the ground-side high-gain panel antenna needs to be adjusted in real-time to the effective direction and angle. Our automatic tracker antenna with gimbal is to solve the problem that the directional panel antenna is difficult to keep in the best direction and angle of sending and receiving when the UAV is flying.
Our automatic tracking antenna with gimbal obtains the latitude, longitude, and altitude of the tracked target (drone) through the wireless data link, and the drone generally uses the MAVLink protocol to transmit the information of the drone (including the latitude and longitude and altitude) to the ground through the wireless data link At the end, we only need to share the latitude, longitude, and height information to our automatic tracking gimbal to realize real-time automatic tracking.
Our automatic tracking gimbal currently obtains the longitude, latitude, and altitude information of the aircraft from the ground end of the wireless data link through the serial port (just share the Tx signal of the serial port of the data link to AAT1), and then realizes real-time automatic tracking and real-time adjustment of altitude The gain panel antenna automatically “aligns” the UAV in the sky, so that the directional panel antenna always maintains the best direction and angle for sending and receiving.
- Maximum horizontal rotation angle: unlimited/configurable to 450°
- Maximum pitch rotation angle: -15°~+135°
- Maximum horizontal rotation speed: 300°/sec
- Maximum pitch rotation speed: 60°/sec
- Horizontal tracking error: < 0.5°
- Pitch tracking error: < 0.1°
Power consumption and weight
- Average power consumption: <15W
- Weight: 2812 grams (net weight of automatic tracking gimbal, excluding flat-panel antenna, power supply battery, etc.)
- Battery weight: 292*2=584 grams (independent battery 760 grams), 1.4G panel antenna weight 1685 grams
- Load bearing: 3000 grams
- Working temperature: -20℃～+60℃
Interface and Protocol
- Power supply interface: XT60 male, DC12~16V
- Antenna input interface: SMA external thread internal control, output interface: N-type female
This auto-tracking antenna is designed for drones, long-range wireless video transmission transceiver transmitters, and receivers.
Automatic tracking antenna technology is a revolutionary advancement in drone wireless video transmitter and receiver performance.
In order to use in a drone based data link project we are interested in your Auto Antenna Tracking System.
- The antenna should be S-band (2.4 GHz)
- It should have auto-tracking feature (with ECEF data)
- What is the antenna parameters? (gain, hpbw, etc)
- What is the interface of the tracker? How to control the tracker?
- How zero heading is made?
- Is it also possible to have RSSI tracking?
Can you please send us detailed information about tracker?