UAV Video Data Link FAQ
1. What is UAV Video Link?
UAV Video Link is a pair system with a video data transmitter in the uav drone and a video data receiver in the ground control device.
Its role is to establish an invisible video data wireless link system in the air. The real-time video collected by the transmitter and camera at the far end can be quickly downloaded to the display screen at the receiving end with zero delays.
The operator can also issue commands to control the aircraft and camera at the receiving end, which can operate the drone’s forward direction and adjust the camera angle to complete the drone’s Long-distance control better.
UAV video image data control integrated high-definition digital image transmission system, A highly integrated data transmission system with a built-in data link, video link, and RC.
2. What frequency does the drone Video Link use?
There are 800Mhz, 1.4G and 2.4G recommended for UAV Video Link transmitter and transmission frequency.
3. How long distance does the UAV Video Link transmission support?
Support 10km 20km 30km 50km 80km 100km and 150km.
4. Does the UAV Video Link support placing a relay repeater in the center between the transmitter and receiver?
5. What words are abbreviated as UAV?
UAV Unmanned Aerial Vehicle, drone, also named Remotely Piloted Vehicle, Unmanned Aircraft System.
Unmanned Air Vehicle, Uncrewed Aerial Vehicle, Unmanned Autonomous Vehicle, Unmanned Airborne Vehicle, and Unmanned Aircraft Vehicle.
6. Do you have a UAV system to transmit video data on a 100km route one repeater system like in the image？
We have one model TX900-10W-150km that is suitable for your requirement. please check the below link.
7. We are looking forward to connecting for the Long Range power Amplifier requirement on 2.4 GHz range, to transmit/receive videos over desired 55 km range, with Wi-Fi & Ethernet connectivity features.
1. We have a similar model to meet your demand.
2. 2.4 GHz frequency is hard to reach 55km, but 1.4 GHz is ok
3. I Recommend you choose our TX900-5W-80km
4. The default model is an IP RJ45 ethernet port.
5. If you need a WIFI function, the Wifi function needs to be installed on an external Wi-Fi router, and it is not built into the current casing.
8. We need a Mobile command and control Centre.
1). Connect 4 HD PTZ cameras and 2 handheld HD movie cameras with the vehicle wireless network for live coverage and recording.
2). One Drone HD Camera also connects with the vehicle.
3). Same video stream to another ground station simultaneously.
4). Requirement of Hotline with command and control vehicle to ground station.
Kindly suggest the wireless equipment (Tx/Rx) which should have a range between 20Km NLOS.
iVcan.com reply: Even with the latest technology, it is hard to support a 20km NLOS distance.
Except that you used the drone as the relay (center, repeater as forwarding signal)
Please check the above picture, the target area and receiver have obstacles, (NLOS), so the center drone will forward the video signal.
UAV Video Data Link Products
|300mW PA||2W PA||5W PA||10W PA|
UAV Video Data Link Transmitter Weight
The power supply of this transmitter and battery both are [email protected]. At the normal time, the battery we used for tested is 7AH, it can work for 2~4 hours. If you buy15AH chargeable battery, it can work continuously for about 4~8 hours.
Not only switch the frequency at the web UI parameter easily, after changing the frequency, it also needs to change the Power Amplifier inside and the same frequency transmitter and receiver antenna. So buyer should confirm which frequency you need before delivery. The antenna is customized according to this frequency.
Regarding the RF cable, our engineer doesn't recommend that you used it so long. There will be a reduced 0.5dB for one meter RF cable. For 3 meters RF cable, the signal strength will be reduced by 1.5dB.
In order to support long-distance, It is better that you use the RF cable less than 1 meter?
In fact, the transmitter is very smaller, it is better to keep a short distance from the transmitter to the transmitter antenna. The power supply cable for the transmitter and ethernet cable from the camera to the transmitter can be longer as there are no losses like RF cable.
Yes, the default video input is IP RJ45 ethernet port, if your camera is HDMI or SDI or AHD, just plus one small encoder box to solve this problem. Please check the below model.
- If your area has a DVB-T or DVB-T2 digital television signal, the TV frequency range is 170-860Mhz, it has including 800Mhz, so choose 1.4G is better.
- Because the GPS antenna receives the GPS signal and the GPS direction on the drone is up, our transmitter antenna is pointing down to send the signal to the ground. As a result, the 1.4G frequency effect on GPS is negligible.
The package size is 125 x 23 x 11cm. Gross Weight：3.72KG， Volume Weight：7.5KG
Here is the full set picture.
Regarding frequency hopping, the engineer has some suggestions for you.
- As the system frequency range is 20Mb, if your bandwidth is chosen 20Mb, then it can not hop (only one point). If the bandwidth is chosen 10Mb, then you have two points to hop, if the bandwidth is chosen 5Mb, then you have 4 points to hop.
- If 1410Mhz has jammed, then 1420Mhz also has jammed, as the frequency is too close.
- When hopping frequency, the data or video transmission will be disconnected, and your video will be frozen.
- At the normal time, it is better to choose hopping is NOT.
- If your transmission distance is less than 15~22km, then we have another option to choose from, the frequency has 110Mb, and even if you choose 20Mb bandwidth, it has 5 points to choose from for frequency hopping.
If you need to support S.bus, then please tell us before shippment, and we will modify our RS232 to TTL.
Our TX900 has three RS232 ports. If you need it to support S.bus, just need plus one small converter from S.BUS to RS232 is ok. ( Mini SBUS Conversion Module Uart to Sbus, Sbus to Uart ).
Please contact us for details technical file support.
- The serial port of our wireless video transmission is transparent, and no data is actively sent to the flight controller. This is controlled by the ground station.
- It won't send the failsafe command, but you can see the link status light from the signal indicator.
- Here is the link status signal strength indicator means
- Not Bright: Indicates that the wireless link of the module is not connected
- Red: Indicates that the wireless link of the module has been connected, but the wireless signal strength is very weak
- Orange: Indicates that the wireless link of the module has been connected, and the wireless signal strength is medium
- Green: Indicates that the wireless link of the module has been connected, and the wireless signal strength is very strong
- We understand that you hope to have this function, If aircraft loses signal during flight it will not return to home because flight controller will not understand that rc link is lost.
- You need to see the link status LED light, if it is Orange or Red, you should control the plane back in advance.
- You also can get the RSSI at the below windows
Please check the upgrade firmware setps, download the latest upgrade firmware at the below link.
At the normal usage, one node as the transmitter, another node as the receiver. If you need to support long range or over a mountain top, like the below picture, yes, please buy 3rd nord as the reapter.
You just need to put the 3rd node in the middle and set the 3rd node be a 2D3U then ok.
How to set 3rd node be 2D3U?
Set with AT command:
Restart the link device after the operation
On the Web UI parameter mangagment page and debug section,
If you get result is 6602, then it is 15km version.
If you get result is 6603, then it is 30km version.
4K video is supported.
4K video stream generally has more than 8Mbps, and 1080P video generally has more than 2M, so the distance of our wireless video transmission when transmitting 4K video will be shorter than that of 1080P.
In one word, the higher the definition of the video, the shorter the transmission distance.
The video compression is smaller, and the transmission distance is supported farther.